Ok so I have a funny story. We just got new neighbors. They are an older couple and our neighbor watches her two grandchildren one is Brooklyns age and one is Ethans age.
Ethan likes to make himself feel at home just about anywhere and yes this goes for our neighbors house.
A couple of weeks ago Brooklyn and Ethan were in the backyard playing, I went to go check on them and I did not see them in our backyard, I looked over to my neighbors house and lo and behold the two little rascals were in our neighbors backyard playing and to make matters worse no-one was even home at the time, they thought they would just go on over and try out their yard.
When I looked at Ethan and Brooklyn I said "you two are not allowed over there, you did not ask mommy and there is no-one home" As the two of them started walking back Ethan said "but I want to go to the ladies house, I like the ladies house" now remember he is saying all of this with his deep raspy voice and cute little smile.
A couple of days go by and the kids were in the backyard again, all of a sudden Brooklyn comes into our house with all of this food, Popsicles, pickles, and cookies. You could imagine my amazement. I peeked around the corner and I saw Ethan on our neighbors back deck knocking on their sliding glass door with his hand out. I was so embarrassed. If you look at my son you can clearly see that we feed him, he just likes to eat 24/7 no matter what, where and when.
Ron went over and said to our neighbor "you know if you keep feeding him he is going to be like a stray cat you will never be able to get rid of him" and our neighbor said "that's ok he can call me Grandma." Since Ethan has heard that he now says "I wanna go to Grandmas house, right there, that ladies house right there, Please Mom, I want a posicle."
At times like this you just have to love your kids, they can always bring a smile to your face, sometimes it is in embarrassment and others it is just pure humor.
Monday, October 6, 2008
New Grandma
Posted by The Johnsons at 10/06/2008 08:02:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Who wouldn't go for popsicles and candy?
Post a Comment