Ok so I had a scary event today to say the least. This afternoon I had a Dentist appt. and I was up in my room brushing my teeth, just getting things together etc. Ethan came in and said "Mom can I play with the leapster?" I said "sure it is in the garage on top of the shoes" (whcih is a shoe rack right as you walk into the door of our kitchen)
Ethan went downstairs to go get the leapster, I heard the backdoor open, but that was it. After a few minutes went by, I called out to Ethan and there was no answer. I went downstairs opened up the back kitchen door and noticed the garage door was up and my van was gone, for a split second I thought someone had kidnapped my son, my heart sank and than my eyes peered across the street and lo and behold my van was in the neighbors yard. I freaked out and ran across the street and noticed that Ethan was in the van screaming and crying hystericaly, I swung the door open and was so thankful that he was ok. I started looking around to see if anything was damaged, the van was in good shape and so was the neighbors house except for their smashed mailbox that was destroyed into a million pieces.
After I had a moment to breathe I felt extremely blessed that nothing more had happened. I could not beleive the van stopped when it did and where it did. I really feel my Heavenly Father was looking out for my son today. I feel angels were with my son.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
"Runaway Van"
Posted by The Johnsons at 6/10/2009 06:35:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
HOLY COW! What a crazy thing. Did he somehow just get the break off or what? So glad to hear he was fine. Also a great reminder that God does watch out more than we realize.
Wow! So scary! I agree, you guys were very blessed!
I would have freaked out! Wow! Glad to here he is OK.
YIKES! Two of my cousins (brothers) did the same thing!
So glad he's okay! This is something Villette totally would've done.
wow, that's something you won't forget.. Looks like time to make sure that parking break is on.. And Ron might have to put blocks at the rear tires..
Glad he's ok.. I bet it will be a long time before he trys that again..
Holy Cow are the first words that came to my mind. That is soooo crazy. I'm glad he is okay and I'm impressed with your positive outlook. My parents would have been happy I was okay then I would have gotten beat!
Post a Comment