Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Foreign exchange student

Last night we went to the Dulles Airport and picked up our foreign exchange student from France.

Kailin is part of a foreign language program through her school and there are opportunities that you can host an exchange student so we decided to do it.

Her name is Floriane and she is from France. She was so tired last night, she had just been on a 7 hour flight and than an hour with customs and of course the 6 hour time difference, by the time we got home from the airport it was 3am her time.
She does speak english but I still needed Rons help to communicate some things.

This morning when Floriane came upstairs she gave Ron and I some gifts. She gave us spice bread, dijon mustards, and of course chocolates. The candy that you see that is pink and white were more like a chewy praline type. As you can see in the picture she gave us quite a bit of chocolate from france, it is so cool how they are shaped like leaves, corn, squash etc. I had to have a piece of chocolate, I mean this is not American waxy chocolate, or dark chocolate from a market saying it is from Europe, this actually came from Europe, with that said it was AMAZING.



3 comments:

Stacey said...

Cool. How long is she staying with you guys?

The Letteer Family said...

WOW! Such PRETTY chocolate! :) It almost looks displayable!

The Johnsons said...

she is staying until the 31st of this month