Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Wrong Bus!!!!!


Ok so this morning was not a good morning at all. As most of you know we have a foreign exchange student staying with us until the 31st of this month. In the morning I take her to the bus stop and she takes the bus to High School (Kailin does not take the bus in the morning because she has early morning seminary)

The bus comes anywhere from 6:40 a.m.- 6:49 a.m. when the bus pulled up this morning Floriane got out of the car and got on the bus, I waited a few minutes to make sure she got settled and than I went home.

About 10 minutes later I get a phone call from Floriane saying she was on the wrong bus and it was taking her to Garfield High School, my heart sank to my stomach. I told her to stay at the school and than I would be right there. I could not believe that it was the wrong bus, every morning that I have been taking her to the stop, there has not been another bus coming at the same time.

When I got to Garfield and when she got in my car she was so shaken and crying. I felt horrible, I could not believe I put her on the wrong bus, she is in a strange country and than gets sent to a different school. She cried for several minutes I did my best to calm her down, I am not sure if it worked. I kept apologizing over and over.

I dropped her off at the High School and she was still shaken.

Lesson learned look at the bus for the right bus# do not assume it is the right bus. I hope she can smile about this later.

Can you imagine if your child was in a different country and got on the wrong bus which took them the wrong direction.

Well I hope the rest of the day will be better.

3 comments:

christy said...

she should just go to seminary and to school with your daughter.=)

Stacey said...

oh sad!!

The Johnsons said...

well the whole seminary thing would be difficult because my daughter leaves at 5:40 in the morning and that is really early for anyone much less someone who is not of our faith or our country.