Monday, December 7, 2009

My very first Gingerbread House!!!!

I know you are all wondering why in the world would I take so many pictures of a gingerbread house. Well here are the reasons: As a tradition in my house when I was growing up my mom made a gingerbread house and all of us kids got to decorate it and than on Christmas Eve we got to break it open and eat all the pieces. (by the time this came around there was not much candy left to speak of because it would disappear one by one as each day passed)

About a couple of weeks ago I decided I was going to try and make my own house for the very first time, I don't know what I was thinking, I don't have my Mom here to guide and help me through the painstaking process. But what the heck, it shouldn't be that difficult WRONG...... As I mentioned before this thought came to me a couple of weeks ago, I made my house and three days later it collapsed, come to find out I did not cook it long enough and the house was just to soft. So I thought in my insane mind, "well let's just make another one" so I did just that and that is why there are so many photos of my little house, so if it breaks, cracks or collapses, I will have documentation that I actually made one.


P.S. The Holidays should not be so stressfullllll!!!!!!

P.S.S It was priceless to make, the memories with the kids was worth it!!!!!





3 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

You did an awesome job! That was a very clever idea to make stained glass windows too!

Brittany Crane said...

I'm soooo impressed. It really makes me want to go out and buy one of those ready to build kits. haha

Great job Bec

Sara said...

so cute Rebecca