Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shedding my skin!!!!

I have had extra weight on me for quite sometime and I have tried to lose it before. This past summer while I was out in Utah I watched my brother lose some weight, he did not have much to lose but he did it. I have seen many people come and go stick to diets before, but this time it was different, something snapped inside of me. I have now lost 42 lbs and counting......

For years I have not liked people taking full length pictures of me, I only have liked the ones just shot of my face. I had ron take a full length shot of me on Saturday because I wanted to compare it to a recent photo taken in October, I wanted to see it side by side. Seeing your number change on the scale, watching yourself change in the mirror and even your clothes get baggy is one thing but a side by side shot is another, so I just had to do it. Don't get me wrong full length shots are not my favorite quite yet but I am feeling more comfortable about it.

You might be asking yourself "Why is she writing about this"? My answer is "Why Not" this has been very good for me, putting myself completely out there, something I have never felt comfortable in doing before. I want to share my success and this is me shedding my skin.



6 comments:

Stacey said...

Let me be the first to tell you (on here at least)...YOU LOOK GOOD!!! But then I thought you were pretty the day I met you...is that weird to say?? Hope not.

Melanie said...

You look great! Congrats!

sochie said...

good for you for shedding some skin! i think you are doing a great job and i hope to shed some of my own skin soon :)

Brittany Crane said...

Becca you look GREAT!! I'm proud of you posting those pictures and sharing your success. It's all about skipping the cheesecake! haha Way to go GIRLIE. You should go buy yourself another pink purse or something else PINK!

Deborah said...

Wow, the side by side is fantastic! I bet it makes you feel so good! you look fantastic.

The Emericks said...

Look at YOU! You look AMAZING! Like I've told you before I think you are such a beautiful women! I love you tons! Keep up the great work! Healthy looks really good on you!